View this post on Instagram
Vegan BLT Sandwichon
We would like to thank BOSH for the wonderful food. This vegan BLT sandwich is made with only seven ingredients and is ready in just five minutes flat. It’s healthy, light, and tastes amazing.
- 450g firm smoked tofu
- 25g corn flour
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Drizzle of soy sauce
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 1 large avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp egg free mayo
- Ciabatta baguette
- Pour the corn flour and smoked paprika, salt, pepper into the mixing bowl and stir them together with a fork. Roll the slices of tofu in the corn flour paprika mix, put the slices on a plate and put the plate to one side.
- Drizzle the tofu with your maple syrup and soy sauce and set aside to marinade whilst you make your sandwich.
- Heat 1cm of oil in the frying pan until the end of a wooden spoon bubbles when dipped in. Lay the slices of tofu in the oil and fry them for 2 minutes on each side. Take the slices of tofu out of the pan and put them on a plate lined with kitchen paper
- Core and dice the lettuce. Finely slice the tomatoes. Halve and carefully stone the avocado by tapping the stone firmly with the heel of a knife so that it lodges in the pit, then twist and remove the stone. Scoop out the flesh with a dessert spoon, put the avocado on a chopping board and finely slice. Cut the bread in half long ways.
- Cover the bottom of the ciabatta with egg free mayo. Lay out the slices of avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the lettuce. Lay over the tomato slices. Top with the bacon. Cover with tomato ketchup. Put the lid on. Cut the sandwich into 4 and serve with your favorite crisps.
Check out a lot of other vegan recipes.