View this post on Instagram
Vegan Carrot Cakeon
Big thanks, photobymanda for sharing such a wonderful recipe with us! A yummy, raw vegan carrot cake made with wholesome ingredients! It only takes 30 minutes to make and can be topped with an optional cashew cream cheese frosting.
- 10 dates
- 1.5 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp vanilla pea protein (optional vanilla powder + t tbsp more oat flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any other milk of choice)
- 2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup boiled cashews (if you want nut free could make it with coconut meat)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp agave syrup (or soft dates)
- Mix all of the ingredients for the base except from the oat flour.
- Add the oat flour to the mixture.
- Put the dough in a form and chill in the fridge while making the frosting.
- Boil the cashews for 15 minutes.
- In a mixer, add the cashews, coconut cream and agave syrup.
- Pour the frosting over the cake. Freeze for 3 hours before serving