Thanks to ANETT VELSBERG for sharing this wonderful recipe. These cookies are made with gluten-free flour and ground almonds.
They are soft, slightly crisp, filled with homemade raspberry chia jam and free of refined sugar. Our stomachs can’t wait…
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour⠀
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour⠀
- 1 1/2 oat flour (gluten-free if needed) ⠀
- 1/2 tsp sea salt⠀
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted refined coconut oil⠀
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract⠀
Raspberry chia jam
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries⠀
- 1-3 tbsp. maple syrup, depending on sweetness of raspberries⠀
- 1 tsp lemon juice⠀
- 1 1/2 tbsp. white chia seeds⠀
- Raspberry chia jam
- Put the raspberries and lemon juice/water into a saucepan over a medium heat. Mash the raspberries as they begin to heat up. When the raspberries have broken down to a saucy consistency. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool a little before adding the chia seeds. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 175 Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl combine the brown rice flour, almond flour, oats flour salt and mix well until combined.
- Then slowly the add maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, . mix well and make a nice dough ball forms.
- Divide dough and shape into 2 balls, then flatten each into a disk. Roll out one of the dough into a ¼” thickness. Cut out the dough using a cookie cutter. Use a smaller heart cutter to cut a window out of half of cookies. Carefully transfer the cookies to prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough until all dough is used up. Bake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 12-14 minutes, until the edges begin to become a little golden. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Take the regular shaped cookies and place jam in the middle of each cookie. Cover with the dusted cut out cookies on top and enjoy!