All you need is eight ingredients and 10-ish minutes, plus it’s vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and can be made paleo. This vegan almond latte is the perfect way to start your morning with a kick or treat yourself to an afternoon boost.
- 1 1/2 cups (360 mL) unsweetened oat milk*
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 2 soft large Medjool dates, pitted and torn in half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, extra for dusting the top
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 large strip of orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed hot coffee
- Add the oat milk, almond butter, dates, cinnamon, cayenne, orange peel, and vanilla to a small or medium saucepan. Bring to a rapid simmer and maintain it for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove the milk from the heat and transfer it to a high-powered blender. Remove the center cap of the blender and cover with a dishtowel to allow steam to escape. Blend on high until the mixture is very smooth and creamy, and all of the dates and orange peel are pulverized. Taste and adjust flavors as necessary.
Divide the hot coffee into two coffee mugs and then pour the almond butter date milk into each mug.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy your vegan almond Latte!