With a rich concentration of protein and fibers, black beans are healthy and chock full of protein; while beets are well-known for their medicinal purposes. A combination of black beans and beets as ingredients to prepare Black Bean and Beet Veggie Burgers is sure to satisfy all your culinary and health needs, especially if you are vegan and craving for a burger.
- 3 cups of black beans
- Cooked brown rice
- Smoked paprika
- Ground cumin
- Dried thyme
- Ground coriander
- Spicy mustard
- Oat flour (preferably gluten-free)
- Garlic cloves
- Diced figs (optional)
- Sliced avocado
- Chipotle Vegenaise
Related Article: The Six Best Sources of Plant-Based Protein
- Pour 1 cup of black beans, cooked brown rice, smoked paprika, ground cumin, ground thyme, and ground coriander into a food processor.
- Include spicy mustard and oat flour to the food processor.
- Grate garlic cloves, chop diced figs, onions, and add to other ingredients.
- Pulse leftover beans and beets for about 2-3 minutes until they get mashed up.
- Add pulsed beans and beet mixture to other ingredients in food processor and mix thoroughly with your hands until a patty form. This burger patty can be prepared earlier and refrigerated.
- Divide burger patty into six, place on a baking sheet and cover with a piece of parchment.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm patty up.
- Add a little olive oil (or coconut oil) to a warmed griddle, place burger on griddle and cook both sides for 2-3 minutes with a spatula. Ensure a golden crust forms on the bottom before flipping to keep the burger together.
- Warm bun up (optional) while burger cooks.
- Place burger on bun and add toppings including lettuce, sliced avocado, and chipotle vegenaise (or any other topping that suits your fancy).
Your wholesome Black Bean and Beet Veggie Burgers is ready to be enjoyed!