View this post on Instagram
Vegan, gluten-free cheesecakes that are creamy, slightly tart, and perfectly sweet are 100% irresistible. This vegan cheesecake recipe is an amazing and healthy recipe that is better than real cheesecake, trust us. Props to tastyvegetarian the fantastic idea!
- ½ cup raw pecan
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups raw cashew cold water, for soaking
- ½ cup canned coconut milk, mixed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry, fresh or frozen
- Strawberry, sliced, for garnish
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl and cover with cold water. Let the cashews soak for at least for 4 hours, or overnight, until soft.
- Make the crust: Using a food processor, pulse together the pecans, almond flour, dates, cinnamon, coconut oil, and a pinch of salt. Pulse until the pecans have been broken down into crumbs and the crust begins to stick together.
- Transfer the crust to a greased and parchment paper-lined 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan. Use your fingers to press the crust into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Make the filling: Drain the soaked cashews and place them in the bowl of the food processor. Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Blend until very smooth, 5-7 minutes.
- Pour roughly ⅔ of the cashew filling over the crust. Use a spatula to gently spread the mixture to the sides, then tap and shake the pan on the counter to achieve a smooth, even layer.
- Freeze the pan while preparing the strawberry layer, about 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries into the remaining cashew mixture in the food processor and puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the strawberry filling over the first layer. Use a spatula to gently push the layer out to the sides of the pan and tap and shake the pan on the counter to achieve a smooth, even layer.
- Top the cheesecake with sliced strawberries.
- Freeze the cheesecake until solid, at least 4 hours.
- To serve, let the cheesecake thaw at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before slicing.